1 Reply Latest reply on May 10, 2012 9:33 AM by philmodjunk

layout problem

ggbebe

Title

layout problem

I'm using FileMaker Pro Advanced 11 and FileMaker Server is hosting serviced by pointinspace.com.

Yesterday, I had been working from opened remote file in connected server.
      By the way, suddenly crashed FileMaker Pro.

After happend, I can open file but not appeared graphic object on layout. And I can't delete the layout on Layout Manager.
      Fortunately record is alive.

How to solve this problem?

fmp_layout_err.PNG

• 1. Re: layout problem
          philmodjunk

Download a copy of the File to your computer. (You may need to work with the hosting company's tech support to do this.) Use recover on the file to check it for any damage. File damage (corruption) may have caused the crash or the crash may have damaged your file.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1. The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
          2. Recover does not detect all problems
          3. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          4. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.