1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 12:05 PM by philmodjunk

Layout Problems - Too Many "Many-to-Many's"!

paulyarnall

Title

Layout Problems - Too Many "Many-to-Many's"!

Hello,

I'm attempting to set up a report (based on an "MDVenue" table) that will list the related records from "MDSchool" & "MDSegment". I'm very stuck! I've attached a screenshot of the relationship for reference.

The problem is, MDSchool to MDSegment is a many-to-many relationship, and I can't find a way to display this data that maintains the relationship between those two objects. Certainly anything in a portal will only ever show multiple records from either one table or the other.

The other option I wanted to explore was potentially concatenating the MDSchool names in a portal that shows records from MDSegment, but then I can't work out how to filter the MDSchool names in the calculation so that only those relevant to both MDSegment AND MDVenue are listed.

Would love some help if anyone has any ideas.

Cheers,

P

Screen_Shot_2012-03-05_at_3.13.42_PM.png

• 1. Re: Layout Problems - Too Many "Many-to-Many's"!
          philmodjunk

Actually, you can set up a portal to the join table and include fields from MDSegments as needed in the same portal row since the relationship between the two is many to one.

This is a standard method for working with many to many relationships, you put a portal to the join table and then include needed fields from the table on the "far side" of the relationship to fill in additional details.