1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2009 9:37 AM by philmodjunk

Layout question

cdubks88

Title

Layout question

We are using FileMaker Pro 6.0v3 Dev on Windows and we have a database that is exporting records for us to use on our main system. I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge of FM or its terminology, so I'll try my best.

What I need to know is how I can view a layout or how I go about finding out how to modify which data fields are getting exported by this script.

We have a link button on a layout called EXPORT MENU. The link button is to export coupons.

So when we click on that button, it performs this script called Export for coupons.

The script follows this logic:

1. Go to Layout [original layout]

2. Perform Find [Restore, Replace Found Set]

3. Export Records [Restore, No Dialog, "COUPON.TXT"]

4. Go to Layout [Refresh Window, "MAIN MENU"]

As far as I can tell, this script is going to the previous layout (which in the case we have setup would be MAIN MENU), then does the find, then writes the result set to COUPON.TXT, then takes me back to the MAIN MENU.

The thing I need to figure out is how I can modify what fields are getting exported, and I don't know how to begin figuring it out when I go to Layout Mode with MAIN MENU selected as the layout.

I don't see anything there that looks like I can change the data that is getting exported.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

C.

• 1. Re: Layout question
          philmodjunk

I'm basing this post on FMP 5.5 which I think is the same in this detail as FMP 6--which I don't have.

The fields exported is not determined by your layout.

Select Export Records from the File menu and export your data to your text file without using your script. During this process you can change which fields will be exported.

Now open the script in script manager and close the script again. When you close it, filemaker will ask if you want to keep or replace the current export order. Choose replace.