1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 7:49 AM by philmcgeehan

Layout Question

user14040

Title

Layout Question

I am using FileMaker Pro Advance 13 on Windows 8

My question is.

On the Mac using FM 12 each solution I opened was opened in a different window.

Is that possible using windows, what I want to do is use a script to resize to fit window but when I use the script it resizes the window but it resizes it within FM Pro main window.

I have several different solutions opened at the same time and it would be nice if each solution has its own window.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Layout Question
          philmcgeehan

As far as I'm aware, you can only have one instance of FileMaker running at once, and in MS Windows, each new window has to sit inside the main FMP instance. Unless you purchase another licence.

Can I use multiple instances of FileMaker software on a single computer running multiple operating systems (e.g., using virtualization or other technologies)?

No, you may only install and use a single copy of FileMaker software per license on the computer, and you may not use multiple instances of FileMaker software on the same computer at the same time. You will need to pay for additional licenses if you want to run multiple instances of FileMaker software on a computer at the same time.

http://www.filemaker.com/company/legal/faq_us.html#1