6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 9:15 PM by moogie

layout setup

moogie

Title

layout setup

fm 12 in browse mode a text field shows in header - in preview mode the text field does not show

in layout setup printing the 2 colums down first works  - the 2 colums across first does not

any suggestions

• 1. Re: layout setup
          philmodjunk

In preview mode, the data in a field shown in the header comes from the first record listed on that page. In browse mode, the data comes from the current record. That is one possible explanation as to why the field seems to disappear in preview mode.

Not sure what you mean by your last issue. I wouldn't expect Printing while in layout mode to work at all. "Does not work" doesn't tell us HOW it isn't working and leaves me guessing. I would guess that perhaps your view is not set to list view, you are printing using the current record option or you are expecting to see two columns while in Browse mode when the multiple columns are in fact, only visible in Preview mode or when printing/saving as PDF.

• 2. Re: layout setup
            moogie

first part useful, had empty first record once deleted worked  -  second part  i would like to print in 2 columns, across first   - wont work but does print in 2 columns down first  -  thanks 

• 3. Re: layout setup
              philmodjunk

Please explain what happens when it doesn't work. It should work, so knowing how it fails for you can provide a useful clue.

• 4. Re: layout setup
                moogie

the second column printed when you use 2 columns down first, is printed on a second page when useing 2 columns across first  -  both print records in same order  -   i can live with 2 columns down  if not a easy solution  thanks

• 5. Re: layout setup
                  philmodjunk

Do you have a sub summary layout part? Did you specify a page break after/before each such occurrence?

• 6. Re: layout setup
                    moogie

ok, something new to me  -  i do have sub-ummary  -  read HELP but!!  -  if i check the box that says   Page break after every ? occurance  -  does this mean that you insert the number of columns to go across and it then does like a carriage return  after the 2 columns?  -  didnt use this for page down  -  thanks