4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 11:06 AM by philmodjunk

Layout that sorts deposits by date and sums certain amount

AaronNutter

Title

Layout that sorts deposits by date and sums certain amount

Hi again. I am having a hard time figuring out how to go about creating a layout that takes my deposit history, sorts by date, and then groups them into 16's. I need to specifically sum up groups of 16 deposits after filtering by deposit date. Any help about how to start trying to create such a layout would be greatly appreciated. My script/coding knowledge is very limited.

• 1. Re: Layout that sorts deposits by date and sums certain amount
          philmodjunk

sorting by deposit date and filtering by deposit date are two different actions.

To sort by deposit date, select Sort Records from the Records menu and specify your deposit date fields as the sort field.

To filter by dates, enter find mode and specify date criteria--this can be a range of dates in the format: 5/1/2013...5/31/2013.

Both actions can be scripted.

You can group your records into groups of 16 with the following calculation field, c16Group:

Ceiling ( Get ( RecordNumber ) / 16 )

This must be an unstored calculation.

Then you can use a list view layout where you add a subsummary layout part "When sorted by c16Group".

As long as you sort your records in an order that includes the c16Group, this sub summary part will be visible and you can use it as a "sub header" for each group of 16 records. A summary field placed in this layout part will display a sub total for that group of records.

To sort your records by date and group them into groups of 16, specify the date field as the first field in your sort order and the c16Group field as the second field in the sort order.

• 2. Re: Layout that sorts deposits by date and sums certain amount
            AaronNutter

Thank you so much. This gives me a definite way to start. I'll post back if I run into any problems. Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Layout that sorts deposits by date and sums certain amount
              AaronNutter

I have it working exactly how I need. There is just one small step I coudl use some help with. How woudl I go about creating a button so that when i type a date into the date field, it performs a find from that date field and brings up all of the deposits of that date?

• 4. Re: Layout that sorts deposits by date and sums certain amount
                philmodjunk

Make that field a field with global storage and use a script patterned after one of the examples in this thread: Scripted Find Examples