1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 3, 2012 9:41 PM by philmodjunk

Layouts - Locked header

MichaelVoccola

Title

Layouts - Locked header

My layouts are currently heavily tab based, and designed around the iPad screen in landscape. I would like start using layouts that scroll vertically, which would mean the same iPad layout would be useful in both landscape and portrait, as well as on the computer.

A key ingredient to this is having the navigation heads float. I am not using the FileMaker navigation, I have my own setup as objects and buttons. Ideally, it would always float at the top of bottom of the screen, with the body of the record scrolling underneath it. - Can't get it working and want to make sure it is possible.

On a side note, It would also be nice to have buttons that would scroll the user to various parts of the layout.

• 1. Re: Layouts - Locked header
          philmodjunk

If you use list view, the header will stay put when you scroll the rest of the layout.

Scrolling via button may be tricky. There are a few scroll window steps and you can use go to field and go to object to put the focus on different layout objects--not sure if that scrolls the window in fm Go, but that's what I would try first.