5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2011 1:28 PM by philmodjunk

Layouts not saving properly

Luz

Title

Layouts not saving properly

Does anybody know why FM v 8.0 would not save duplicated layouts? They go blank when I try to save them and if I want to delete them nothing happens. Please help.

• 1. Re: Layouts not saving properly
          philmodjunk

That's not typical behavior for any version of FileMaker.

If you create a brand new file with just a field or two, do you get the same results with this file?

If not, your file may be damaged. You can try performing a recover on it and see if the recovered file shows this issue.

Best practice is not to use a recovered file, but to replace it with an undamaged back up copy if you have one. (You may need to import the data from your recovered file into a clone of the back up copy to get the most up to date info into it.)

• 2. Re: Layouts not saving properly
            Luz

Thank you PhilMod...

I just did a recover and when I tried to open the file its telling me that the passwords/usernames have been corrupted... any ideas?

• 3. Re: Layouts not saving properly
              philmodjunk

Opening the recovered file tells you that?

Do you have any older copies of your file that work?

• 4. Re: Layouts not saving properly
                Luz

That's what the recovered file says. I do have a copy of the files. Unfortunately, I am very new to filemaker and nobody in the IT department at our place is familiar with it so I am totally lost.

• 5. Re: Layouts not saving properly
                  philmodjunk

I think you mean you get that error message when you try to recover the file. That's not an encouraging message as it often refers to damage that can't be repaired.

Test any back up copies you have to see if any do not show this issue. You may have no choice, but to revert to the back up. (But remember, you can import the data from your most recent copy into a clone of this file to keep your data up to date.)