9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2010 1:26 PM by wkh

Lending library Items on Loan Report problem FM9

wkh

Title

Lending library Items on Loan Report problem FM9

I am having problems with the Loan Report showing all the items in the report, including ones that are not checked out. I want it to only show what is currently checked out, which seems logical given the name of the report. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Lending library Items on Loan Report problem FM9
          philmodjunk

Is this a file created from a filemaker template file?

Have you made any design changes?

Any other details you can provide, perhaps some examples?

When requesting assistance on this forum...

• 2. Re: Lending library Items on Loan Report problem FM9
            wkh

This is a FMP 9 template: Lending Library. The design change I created was simply correcting a problem which you had addressed in another thread, also in the Items on Loan report. In that thread the problem was in showing the first person who checked out an item rather than the most recent. That was corrected with a sort on the contact ID in descending order. I implemented that. A design change I made was in increasing the history listing in the Assets form view. I also changed the Items on Loan report "due date" sort to make the items due the soonest at the top of the list. 

When I run the report for Items on Loan, all items are listed, including ones checked in and available. It seems that there needs to be something in the script indicating if checked in, then the item does not show. 

• 3. Re: Lending library Items on Loan Report problem FM9
              philmodjunk
                 Sounds like you're on the right track. Have you looked at the script to see how it's written?
              • 4. Re: Lending library Items on Loan Report problem FM9
                wkh

I have looked a the script. This is the first time I've used the program so am not too savvy on scripts. Well, not savvy at all. I wonder if  the problem line is:

if [Get(lastError) <>0]

Show All Records

Not quite sure what it means, though. 

• 5. Re: Lending library Items on Loan Report problem FM9
                  philmodjunk

I'd look for a section immediately after "Enter find mode[]", There may, instead, be a line that says "Perform Find [Restore]".

Learing how scripts work is a basic skill you'll need to acquire in order to do what you need in filemaker (and that's why I asked you to look at the script.)

Don't hesitate to look up script steps in filemaker help to learn more about them.

if [Get(lastError) <>0]

Show All Records

will pull up a found set of all records if the line immediately above this generates some error condition. This would explain things a bit if you are seeing all your records appear each time you run the script.

• 6. Re: Lending library Items on Loan Report problem FM9
                    wkh
                       I seemed to have fixed it in the "test" database I created. I went into Scripts and highlighted the "Items on Loan" script from the list, I then clicked on the Perform green arrow in the lower right hand of the menu box. It recalculated the report and correctly showed me only the asset that was checked out. I closed that database and reopened it, then ran "Items on Loan Report" and it ran correctly, giving me only what was checked out. Any idea why it worked like that? 
                    • 7. Re: Lending library Items on Loan Report problem FM9
                      wkh
                         Maybe I spoke too soon. After I ran the Items on Loan report, I then ran the Item Status report which should list all the items and indicate if they are available or checked out. It only showed me the one record that had shown in the Items on Loan report. It should have shown all items. I clicked on Records>Show all records, and got them all. Unfortunately, the Items on Loan report then showed all the records when I ran it. 
                      • 8. Re: Lending library Items on Loan Report problem FM9
                        philmodjunk

wkh,

I don't have the filemaker 9 version available and don't have the time today to investigate the fmp 10 template--which might differ. It sounds like you need to pursue a better understanding of filemaker. There are books and tutorials available. Such additional training/reading will also help you better get help from forums like this.

By all means keep posting questions here, perhaps another forum member has the time today to take a look and help out?

• 9. Re: Lending library Items on Loan Report problem FM9
                          wkh

Thanks for your responses. I will study the program and get a better handle on it. and maybe someone else has figured out this particular issue.

wkh