3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2011 6:53 AM by MartinBaumann

Lending Library Template Incorrectly Reports Items On Loan in FMP 9

Gazza

Title

Lending Library Template Incorrectly Reports Items On Loan in FMP 9

Hi all, I have the same problem as posted by someone (Answer ID 543) in Oct 2007 re items checked out show original borrower and not current borrower in "items on loan report". The problem for me is the resolution posted back then is not the same for FMP 9, so would someone please point me in the right direction, keeping in mind that I am an absolute beginner who knows nothing about relationships and databases etc!

Many Thanks in anticipation,

• 1. Re: Lending Library Template Incorrectly Reports Items On Loan in FMP 9
          TSGal

Gazza:

Thank you for your post.

The instructions in Knowledge Base Article #543 are almost identical.

With the Lending Library database file open, perform the following steps:

1. Pull down the File menu and select "Manage -> Database..."

2. Click on the Relationships tab, and a graphical representation of the tables display.  You will see lines connecting tables to one another.  Find the line that connects the Assets table to the History Asset ID table, and midway on that line is an icon.  Double-click that icon to edit the Relationship.

3. In the Edit Relationship dialog, you will see "Assets" on the left side, and "History Asset ID" on the right side.  At the bottom right (History Asset ID side), check the "Sort records" option, and another dialog appears.

4. On the left side are a list of fields.  Scroll down to the "History ID" field and click once.  Below that, select the radio button "Descending order", and then click "Move".

5. Click OK three times.

If you run into any difficulty, or if you need clarification for any of the above steps, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Lending Library Template Incorrectly Reports Items On Loan in FMP 9
            MichaelRentner

I've tried this solution, but I have problems still.  When I check an item back in, the related record for check out does not get deleted, so the item is perpetually checked out unless I click the little red "X" next to the related record.  

Is there a way to have a one-click check in that makes the item available again and also deletes, or otherwise ignores the history asset ID related record?

• 3. Re: Lending Library Template Incorrectly Reports Items On Loan in FMP 9
              MartinBaumann

I also have the problem that the report is not showing correctly.

I did the update with the history ID Sorting, but for some records, id still wont work. means it still shows the name and date of the person who lended before (not the very first one!!).

Any suggestions?