1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2015 6:50 AM by philmodjunk

Let Function Help

JasonPenner

Title

Let Function Help

I'm trying to set up an input field that upon saving the data will evaluate if there's a letter at the end of the input. If there is I need it to then choose the long version of the unit. For the sake of testing it out I used the value "50r". I was expecting to get back "Reps" but I'm getting "r" as a return. What am I doing wrong? I know if I were just put in "r" as my calc I would get "Reps" returned.  

Let (

[

r="Reps";
      s="Secs"; 
      m="Mins"; 
      h="Hrs"; 
      e="Meters"; 
      k="KMs"; 
      f="Feet"; 
      t="Miles"; 
      j="Jumps"; 
      l="Lengths"; 
      o="Rotations"; 
      p="Laps"

] ; 
      Right ( "50r"; 1 ) )

• 1. Re: Let Function Help
          philmodjunk

You have the r in quotes and thus it does not refer to the let variable but to the literal text string "50r".

Try:

Let (

[

r="Reps";
          s="Secs"; 
          m="Mins"; 
          h="Hrs"; 
          e="Meters"; 
          k="KMs"; 
          f="Feet"; 
          t="Miles"; 
          j="Jumps"; 
          l="Lengths"; 
          o="Rotations"; 
          p="Laps"

] ; 
          50 & r )

I think you want this auto-enter calculation:

Let ( units = right ( self ; 1 ) ;
                 GetAsNumber ( self ) &  Case ( units = "r" ; "Reps";
                                                                 units = "s" ; "Secs"; 
                                                                 units = "m" ; "Mins"; 
                                                                 units = "h" ; "Hrs"; 
                                                                 units = "e" ; "Meters"; 
                                                                 units = "k" ; "KMs"; 
                                                                 units = "f" ; "Feet"; 
                                                                 units = "t" ; "Miles"; 
                                                                 units = "j" ; "Jumps"; 
                                                                 units = "l" ; "Lengths"; 
                                                                 units = "o" ; "Rotations"; 
                                                                 units = "p" ; "Laps"
                                                               ) ; // Case
                     ) //Let

Make sure to clear the "do not replace existing value..." check box.