3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2012 10:01 AM by philmodjunk

Letters missing in checkbox sets when printed

JerryHolt

Title

Letters missing in checkbox sets when printed

I am having difficulties with the way my form is printing out.  On the image below I circled all of the words or letters that don't get printed out specifically in checkbox sets.  For example if "bradychardia" is an option it will only print out "bradychardi".  However, if I type in "bradychardiax" it will print out "bradychardia".  In some cases entire words don't print.  In the case of "Infection at corner of mouth" prints as "infection in corner of" but if i put another word after mouth the whole phrase will print out.  Can somepne help me with this problem or know what is going on? Thanks!

Untitled.png

• 1. Re: Letters missing in checkbox sets when printed
          philmodjunk

Does resizing the field to make it wider have any effect?

Does the "hair loss..." entry under Dermatology get clipped also?

Does changing fonts make a difference?

Have you tried creating a grand new layout and recreating one or more of these fields, by hand (Don't copy and paste from the above layout) make any difference?

• 2. Re: Letters missing in checkbox sets when printed
            JerryHolt

Thank you for the reply, I was out of town so I just got it.  When I change the font to courier new it does not clip anything.  I would prefer to keep Times New Roman.  Resizing the field does not affect it.  However, interestingly, it does not cut off anythying when I use 9 pt font or 11 pt font with Times New Roman.  It only clips 10 pt Times New Roman settings.

• 3. Re: Letters missing in checkbox sets when printed
              philmodjunk

As a work around, you might experiment with other fonts to see if you can find a proportional font that works and is close enough to Times New Roman to serve your needs.

At the same time, it may be a good idea to post an issue report on this in Report An Issue as this sounds like a bug. If you do, you can include a link to this thread to save typing.