1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 23, 2009 1:52 PM by TSGal

License Conflict

rsagall_1

Title

License Conflict

I am using FM 10 Pro Advanced on a Mac with system 10.5.7. I access a hosted database. In the office there are 5 other people accessing the same database using FM 10 Pro with no problems. Every so often I get an error message saying:

The maximum number of licensed users are currently using this copy of FileMaker Pro. Please refer to the License Key section of your software documentation for further instructions.

License key conflict occurred with user "robert shubert (filemaker) [XXX.X.X.1]".

All files will be closed and the application will quit.

(The X's represent an IP address.)

Robert Shubert runs the host. He has his own copy and isn't using my copy or my registration number. No one else has my registration code.

I can get into the database using a copy of Filemake Pro that's on the same computer as the FM Pro Advanced. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks 

• 1. Re: License Conflict
          TSGal

rsagall:

Thank you for your post.

Are there any external database files being used?  Occasionally, we've seen users with a script open a database file, and then the second database file calls the first database file.

Are there any external SQL data sources (ESS)?

Were any scripts being run that take a long time?

Any additional information you can provide may be useful in finding out the cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.