3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2011 9:19 AM by philmodjunk

License error

viniciuschaves

Title

License error

I have a FM Server Advanced 11.0.3.309 running on Win Server 2008, and a Macmini (OS Lion) with FM Pro Advanced. I've uploaded 2 databases on server, named as "A" and "B". The "B" database searchs for data on "A" file, and i've tried to use the internet IP, the network IP and 127.0.0.1 in External Data Sources, but when editing, in FM Pro on Macmini, the relationship of the "B" database on server, i add the table from the "A" database into "B" database, i receive the "The maximum number of licensed users are currently using this copy of FileMaker Pro" message. I can't understand. Thanks

• 1. Re: License error
          philmodjunk

What kind of license did you get with your copy of Filemaker Pro? (Not asking about server here.)

The error message you describe is intended to pop up if two or more filemaker clients connect to the same database and either both are single user licensed with the same license number or all the clients are volume licensed and you have more copies linking to the database than the maximum number of "seats" specified for this license.

• 2. Re: License error
            viniciuschaves

Thanks for trying to help. I had a FM Pro Adv single user license (on Mac), accessing FM server (on Win 08 server), which hosts both "A" and "B" databases. I open only "B" database, and it must access "A" data through External Data Sources. Working on "B" database, in "manage database->relationships", when i try to add a table from "A"database the message appears. I've tried to add this external data source using his internet IP (189...), his LAN ip (192...) and 127.0.0.1, and anyone worked. 

• 3. Re: License error
              philmodjunk

I've tried to add this external data source using his internet IP (189...), his LAN ip (192...) and 127.0.0.1, and anyone worked.

What does "anyone worked" mean? The IP you use isn't the issue here as far as I can tell...

Were there other users accessing this database at the same time? Is there any chance that any of these users also have a copy of Filemaker advanced with the same user license? (this is the first option we have to eliminate before looking at other possibilities...)