6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 9:07 AM by starterangel

License Key Conflict

starterangel

Title

License Key Conflict

We have a 5 user license. I have trouble with only 1 other person. When he is logged on to the database I am unable to access it. The 3 other people we are both able to access the database.

The message for I receive is License Key Conflict. We are going to upgrade from FM 8 pro to Fm 10 pro. Will this solve the conflict problem? If not how do I fix it? Thanks

• 1. Re: License Key Conflict
          TSGal

starterangel:

Thank you for your post.

If one of the three other users quits FileMaker Pro, are you then able to open the file remotely?  If not, then there may be something else occurring.

Can you confirm that each copy has the same volume license key?  Can you confirm this is a 5-user license?  What is the exact error message received?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: License Key Conflict
            starterangel

Yes it is a 5 license pack. Yes it is the same volume key. The exact message is License key conflict occurred.

If no one is on Fm I can use it. The problem is with just the same other user. All other users are fine and I can open remotely except for that one person.

• 3. Re: License Key Conflict
              philmodjunk

starterangel wrote:

Yes it is a 5 license pack. Yes it is the same volume key. The exact message is License key conflict occurred.

If no one is on Fm I can use it. The problem is with just the same other user. All other users are fine and I can open remotely except for that one person.

TSGal can correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like both you and the other user are using identical install copies that are not part of your 5 license pack. If I were in your shoes, I'd consider uninstalling FMP from the two machines and then re-installing the apps, being careful to use the expected license key.
              • 4. Re: License Key Conflict
                starterangel
                   We have done that already. At one point we both had the same license number. I called FM and they provided me a different number so that they were both different. We still ahve the same problem. Do you know if we upgrade to FM 10 will the problem correct itself? Thanks for all of your help.
                • 5. Re: License Key Conflict
                  TSGal

starterangel:

There are two different possible scenarios.  If you had a volume license agreement, the license key would all be the same, and the number of users is set at a fixed number (5, 10, 25, etc.).  However, it sounds like you have a 5-user pack, which includes 5 different license keys.  If another person is running the same license key, then you will get the same license key conflict message.  You should determine which machine is using the same license key as you.  Either reinstall your copy with a different license key, or have the other person reinstall with the license key assigned to them.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 6. Re: License Key Conflict
                    starterangel
                       Thanks. I think we have it figured out now. We have a 5 user pack and it's on 6 computers. So I keep getting a conflict since the 2 of us who use it most have the same license number. We will have to purchase another license when we upgrade to Fm Pro 10.