4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 8:51 AM by ScottVarn

License key conflict

toddg100

Title

License key conflict

I have Filemaker Pro 10.0v1.  I have also tried upgrading to Filemaker Pro 10.0v3.  Problem occurs under either version.  This is running on a freshly installed Macintosh Mini (Intel version) running Mac OS X version 10.6.1 with all updates.  Filemaker application was a "fresh install" and was not ported over from an older mac.

I can open local files in Filemaker Pro 10.0v3 and use them no problem.  However, when I access our Filemaker Server 8.0v4 I get a message:

The maximum number of licensed users are currently using this copy of Filemaker Pro.  Please refer to the License key section of your software documentation for further instructions.  License Key conflict occurred with user "XXX Mac mini".  All files will be closed and the application will quit.

So, I have a conflict with myself.  This can be verified if I go into my Mac Mini's system preferences, "Sharing" control panel, and change my name to "XXX Mac mini 2" then try to launch and access a file on the Filemaker Server now it will indicate that License Key conflict is occurring with the newly named "Mac Mini 2".

So, again, I can launch Filemaker and access files on my hard drive all day long with no conflict.  But as soon as I try to access filemaker server files I get the conflict.

I have deleted application and reinstalled, same results.

Any hints? 

• 1. Re: License key conflict
          david_lalonde@d-cogit.ca

This looks like the type of issue you would get from a crash. Did FileMaker Pro crash shortly before this issue happened? If so, the server is under the impression the client is still logged in. Ask the server administrator to disconnect "you" from the server.

• 2. Re: License key conflict
            toddg100

Well, I'm the server administrator, so I strolled over to see if I was logged in, and I am not.  I then proceeded to log onto the server using Filemaker Pro 8 (which I still use since Filemaker 10 won't let me access server due to license conflict) and checked to see if my name showed up, and it did.  So, with Filemaker 8, I can log onto server, no conflicts.  With Filemaker 10 I get license conflict.

If it helps, I can launch Filemaker 10, no problem.  Click to see the remote files on Filemaker server works OK.  It's only when I actually go to OPEN a file on filemaker server that the license conflict message comes up.  Thanks for your suggestions. 

• 3. Re: License key conflict
              synergy46

My experience isn't exactly what you are going through but I thought this might help:

I had a similar experience on my Mac with 10.6 SnowLeopard.  After much emailing, phoning Apple, phoning Filemaker etc it turned out to be a bad performing plug-in that was not compatible with OSX 10.6.  

As an aside, I think FM should have a more elegant way of trapping mal forming plug-ins than to lock the user out or otherwise prevent normal functioning)

• 4. Re: License key conflict
                ScottVarn

This is my exact problem as well. What is the step by step solution?