3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2011 8:03 AM by philmodjunk

Limit number of displayed records

ShermanHoman

Title

Limit number of displayed records

Is there a way to limit the number of displayed records in a found set? 

For example, a common search for my client returns ~250 records. My client would like to display this in groups of ~10 with a button that displays the next ten. I got the button figured out, but I can't seem to figure out how to limit the records.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Limit number of displayed records
          philmodjunk

Your script can use go to record to go to the 11th record and then use Omit Multiple Records to Omit the 11th to last records.

The trick is to pull up the next set with your button. If the search criteria is the same each time or the criteria can be saved in global finds, you can keep track of which subset is currently in view and then reperform the find (and sort); then omit records selectively from the beginning and end of the found set to reduce the set to either the next or previous set of 10 records.

• 2. Re: Limit number of displayed records
            ShermanHoman

Thanks, PhilModJunk!

I appreciate the response, the Finds constantly change. So I think I have a bit of work in front of me!

• 3. Re: Limit number of displayed records
              philmodjunk

You can use "Modify last Find" without making changes to re-perform a find. You can also set up a "search layout" where the client enters search criteria into global fields and then clicks a button to kick off a script to perform the find. That leaves the criteria in global fields where they can be used to recreate the find again.