1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2011 8:26 AM by philmodjunk

Limited Access

Kays

Title

Limited Access

heyy'O,

i ve got a table "Unit Test", to this table is associated a layout "Unit Test".

in the layout "Unit Test" i display data from other related tables too.

i limited the access int the table "Unit Test" ( and not the layout ) in a way that the records are only alterable if "Unit Test::status = In Progress ", so if the status = closed records of the table "Unit Test" are not alterable.

the problem is that when status = closed, the records from other related table are only not alterable in the layout although they set as "modify".

ne ideas !!

thx in advance :)

K|Z

• 1. Re: Limited Access
          philmodjunk

Not my experience here. We use similar record locking here to lock invoice records and their related lineItems record when a status field in Invoices = "Printed" to keep employees from altering an invoice after the transaction has been completed. When I remove the lock expression from the related line items table and open the database with an employee privilige set, I can then bring up a printed invoice, and edit the related line item records even though the invoice record and fields are still "locked" against any edits...