3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2013 5:04 PM by user22497

Limited by portal length

user22497

Title

Limited by portal length

Hello everyone,

I'm developing an app that relies heavily on relations so I have portals. Sometimes I have more fields to show than space to display them. I know portals are limited to one line length but stiil I'm in need to surpass this in any possible way.

I wonder if someone here has or knows a solution for this problem.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• 1. Re: Limited by portal length
          philmodjunk

You are not limited to the defaut "mini table view" format for a portal.

Enter Layout mode.

Double click the portal (not a field in the portal) to open portal setup.

Change the number of rows to 1.

Click OK to close the dialog.

Now drag a resize handle on the portal down to make the row taller. add fields, move and resize them as needed--this can result in what funcitons much like a "mni-form view" portal if you want. Once you have your portal row set up like you want, you can return to portal setup and specify a larger number of portal rows if there is room on your layout for them.

• 2. Re: Limited by portal length
            JosephSchueller_1

You can adjust the height of the portal rows to fit additional fields in a "stacked" configuration. I have done this in one of my solutions, shown below. The disadvantage is loss of the column/row look, if that's an issu. 

• 3. Re: Limited by portal length
              user22497

Thanks a lot guys! It was a big help.