2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2010 10:04 AM by GingerChristie

Limited record view access and performing finds

GingerChristie

Title

Limited record view access and performing finds

I'm working with FM9 .I have a privilege set with limited record access. I need to view all records except those where the last name is Smith. Records can be viewed when: name last ≠ "smith"
      It seems to work. The problem arises when trying to do a find. It comes back with 'No records match this set of find requests.' Logging in with a different privilege set, I can successfully perform a find. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Limited record view access and performing finds
          mrvodka

Can you further elaborate on your issue? What exact criteria did you do your search for?

• 2. Re: Limited record view access and performing finds
            GingerChristie

I'm in a school where sometimes a teacher might have their own child in a class. So for conference notes, a teacher should be able to see all fields of all children except their own child.

I have an individual privilege set for each teacher that has a child at the school.  It's set to  view only layouts and value list, scripts are executable only and records view is set to limited, depending on the last name of the child,  name last ≠ "smith" . They can edit and see all fields.

This works. Teachers can edit conference notes for all the other children. When they come to their son/daughter's record, the fields say <No Access>. When the teachers try to do a find by any field they get 'No records match this set of find requests.'