2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2009 3:04 AM by nono

Limiting Drop-down List ????

nono

Title

Limiting Drop-down List ????

I have a "Customer" table with "name" "address" "Active (yes or no)"and would like to create

another table (ex. Active Customer) populated with only the active customer of the "Customer" Table. 

This is for a look-up or a drop down list to be used in the "Sales Order Table".

Thanks a lot for helping. 

• 1. Re: Limiting Drop-down List ????
          Jens Teich
             No additional table required. Only a table occurrence (box in relationship graph). You need:

* New calc field (text) const_YES = "yes"

* relationship const_YES <-> status

* relation included in definition of value list

If you are not very familiar with relationships yet, try to create a portal first showing only the active customers after going the first two steps.

Jens

• 2. Re: Limiting Drop-down List ????
            nono

Thanks a lot .:smileyhappy:

As I am new to Filemaker and used to use MS Access, it took about 5 hours to get it. 

However it seems not to be perfect.  By the way I am using the Filemaker Business Productivity Solution (BPS2) and the table I am working on is "Contacts". 

* New calc field (text) const_YES = "yes"

* I did is a table occurrence (box in relationship graph). Manage Database....Relationships.... Double Green Cross,           and it gave me "Contacts 2". 

* relationship const_YES <-> status

* relation included in definition of value list

In the Drop-Down List I get all the Active Customers. It's perfect.

However I get a list of (example):"Yes Bush", "Yes Obama", "Yes Sarkozy", while I would like to have is

"Contact ID & Name" and not "Yes & Name". Can it be done??

Thanks again for your help.