2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2012 4:43 PM by ilmguy

Limiting portal records for charting

ilmguy

Title

Limiting portal records for charting

I have a portal that allows the user to scroll through years of utility billing histories. The portal itself displays 13 months. Although I have a chart that correctly displays monthly values for the entire history, I wish to generate a similar (and less cluttered) chart displaying ONLY the 13 months being displayed in the portal - regardless of which 13 months are displayed.

My research tends to lead me to the use of variable arrays - something I have not yet attempted. Is there a better way and, if not, how do I set up the chart axes?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, in advance.

• 1. Re: Limiting portal records for charting
          philmodjunk

You have two options--both much simpler than trying to load the data into variables:

1) Define a new relationship where you can limit the records shown in your portal to just the 13 months you want in your chart. THis may require defining a global date field or two and using an inequality such that your relationship matches only to records falling in a given range. The details depend on the data stored in this related table.

2) Do the chart from a layout based on the portal's table. From that layout, you can perform a find to limit the found set to any number of records desired and you can then use the found set as the data for your chart.

• 2. Re: Limiting portal records for charting
            ilmguy

Thanks for your quick response. I'll see if I'm any more successful with one of the techniques!