1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 4, 2014 11:38 AM by philmodjunk

Link a Radio-button to a free text field

NsaA

Title

Link a Radio-button to a free text field

For FieldA, I have a set of radio buttons for "Yes" and "No". FieldB is a free text field.

I need this to happen: If any text is entered in Field B, I need Field A to select Yes. If Text is not entered or erased in Field B, I want Field A to display No. I know how to use the "validate functions"

Can I use a Calculation--Case function for free text? How do I do this?

• 1. Re: Link a Radio-button to a free text field
          philmodjunk

By "Free text", I must assume you mean that you have a text field with the default "edit box" format.

The validate functions would not be used to produce what you describe.

You can define FieldA as a calculation field with text selected as the result type and this expression:

IF ( IsEmpty ( FieldB ) ; "No" ; "Yes" )

or YOu can define FieldA as a text field with the same expression as an auto-enter calculation. Be sure to also clear the "do not replace existing value..." check box.

Both the calculation field and the text field with an auto-enter calculation can be formatted as radio buttons with a Value list of "Yes" and "No" values.