2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2010 2:40 PM by Amsinger

Link Portal to Portal (Like Folder Hierarchy)

Amsinger

Title

Link Portal to Portal (Like Folder Hierarchy)

Hi.

Using FMP 10 Advance. Mac vs.

So here is the deal. (I have attached a JPG to visually see what I am talking about)

I have a database where I have created a notes section. but we need it to be like a folder system where there is a main folder that holds a list of titles that are notes (1st image in JPG) which is not a portal, you click on the blue button next to a designated title of a note, and it takes you to a new layout that has 3 tabs (shown in image 2 of JPG). the 1st tab is a portal that is "sub-folder" section (image 2 of JPG) which contains a portal where you can list out more broken down folders of that main note. then next to each is a blue button where you can click and it takes you to the next tab (image 3 in JPG) which is a portal which is a "sub-sub-folder" that list out sub-sub note titles. Then in you can click the blue button next to the note title and it takes you to the 3rd tab that shows the note details (image 4 of JPG). I have gotten where I can go from the main list (image 1) -> to 1 portal (image 2)-> to the details of the notes (image 4). But I can't seem to get it to link correctly to go from Main List of Notes (image 1) -> to 1st portal of sub-notes (image 2) -> to 2nd portal of sub-sub-notes (image 3) -> to the note details (image 4). How do I create that relationship between the 2 portals to get it to go in the correct path. 

Any help is much appreciated!

Notes.jpg