3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2014 10:46 AM by philmodjunk

Link separate radio button fields

NsaA

Title

Link separate radio button fields

I have FieldA set up as radio buttons with values 0 and 1. Also FieldB set up as radio buttons with values 2, 3 and 4.

I need to make it compulsory to select only one value across both fields. Eg- If 3 in FieldB is selected, I do not want 0 or 1 in FieldA to be selected; if 1 is selected in FieldA I do not want 2,3 or 4 selection in FieldB to be allowed. I want FieldA and FieldB to function as one radio button field with five options effectively.

How can I set this up?

• 1. Re: Link separate radio button fields
          philmodjunk

Then why do you use two fields for this? Could you not just use either a single field or two copies of the same field with one copy formatted with 0, 1 as its value list and the other formatted with 2, 3, 4 as its value list?

• 2. Re: Link separate radio button fields
            NsaA

Well, the single field is not an option, I would have done that if I could :)

I considered the second one, but my FieldB is actually formatted that way, where the 0,1 is separated out and the 2,3,4 needs to be linked with FieldA.

• 3. Re: Link separate radio button fields
              philmodjunk

Yes, but why isn't it an option? If you are only going to allow a value in one of the two fields, it doesn't really make sense to use two fields--which in turn is a slightly more complex design than you really need for your database.

You could use the onObjectModify trigger on both fields to perform scripts that clear the other field.