AnsweredAssumed Answered

link to other data in another table

Question asked by LorettaAnnModern on Oct 13, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2013 by RickWhitelaw

Title

link to other data in another table

I am creating a solution for a school project that calculates girls' middle names.  I have two tables one for first name and one for middle name, each table has an auto enter serial "NameID" Field and a field for the name.  how to link so that a particular MIDDLE NAME can be associated with more than one firsr name?  so if i search for first name Amber it brings back every middle name linked to Amber as tge first name.  but if i search for Samantha as first name it only brings back those names linked to the first name samantha?  also how to impliment a "thumbing" system, so the more times a particular middle name is "verified" as correct the closer to the top of the list it shows by one "point" if a name is thumbed down its popularity in relation to that first name is decresed by one.  like googles pagerank but for girls middle names.  the database is to illustract database concepts and how easy data management can be with a database in place.  my friends are doind DBs for movies, weatger data, and so on and using other database platforms, i chose filemaker pro advanced 10 to show that it is easier than the others, i'm just hung up on some of tge finer points of this one.

Outcomes