0 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2012 11:22 AM by DevinMulroy

Linking Databases - How can a break between how they communicate be restored?

DevinMulroy

Title

Linking Databases - How can a break between how they communicate be restored?

Hello,

I am currently working on updating a database to make it more structured and overall efficient. There is a main database, which is used to view all of the necessary information related to the areas of activities, payments, and volunteering. Each area was created as its own individual database (so there are 3 separate databases besides the main database that is used for viewing information).

The databases are connected with one another: the main database serves as a "host", while the other databases are "slaves" that serve no other purpose other than to provide the main database with necessary information. After copying and moving all of the databases to another computer, I now have to locate the payment "slave" database upon starting up the main "host" database. The other "slaves" appear to be linked in... all except the payment.

Upon start-up, there is a pop-up window that appears saying that the payment database is not found, and this is when I begin the search. I find the database, click OK... and everything is as it should be.

My question is: Why has the connection with the payment database seemingly been broken? And how can it be restored? Is it a problem within the "relationships" tab of the main database? I have looked there, but everything seems to be in order.

I appreciate any help than anyone would be able to provide to me. Thank you so much.

Devin M.