AnsweredAssumed Answered

linking layouts,tables and DBs

Question asked by ScottSesen on Sep 27, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2011 by ScottSesen

Title

linking layouts,tables and DBs

Hi,

I want to set up a layout that is independant of what record is being browsed.  This layout will allow people to check out resources but should not be tied to the records being browsed or change per record.  I want to create a button to navigate to this resource check out page and back to the records.  If I create a new DB how do I create a script to go back and forth.  If I don't create a new DB, how do I make it independant of what record is being browsed?

Thank you.

Scott

To clarify,

We have a number of virtual machines and each vm has software that has multiple licenses that can be checked out to perform different functions.  I basically created two fields for each VM.  One with a dropdown of users so they can assign it to them and another listing all the licenses as checkboxes.  I basically want to have a button in our main filemaker DB where we have all our records located so a user can click and go to the "Checkout" layout, assign themselves to a VM and check the licenses they are using so another user can then see what VMs are free and who is using which license and check oit (or back in) their own.  I want to then be able to click a button to navigate back to our documents database. 

I hope this calirifies what I am trying to do....

Outcomes