1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2009 9:31 AM by TSGal

Linking to External datasource

Felicity

Title

Linking to External datasource

Hello, I am using the Filemaker database "Task Management" and linking it to a version of their "Contact Management" database. I have altered the Contacts table occurrence source in the Task database to be from the Contacts Table in the Contact Management database. Now I need to make the source for all the relationships change. How would I do that?

Many thanks,

Felicity 

• 1. Re: Linking to External datasource
          TSGal

Felicity:

Thank you for your post.

Once you change the relationship, you should be set.  However, if you have existing portals on your layouts that are connected to the old "Contact Management" database, you will need to replace them with new portals to the new relationship.  To do this, find a layout where a portal is present, pull down the View menu and select "Layout Mode".  You can double-click the portal and change the reference to the new relationship.  Then, double-click each portal in the field and change it to a field in the new table.  If you have trouble doing this, then feel free to remove the portal and create a new portal with the new relationship and fields.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.