3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2010 10:47 AM by philmodjunk

Linking video files on IWP

earthimag

Title

Linking video files on IWP

I posted this on the server forum, but I am not sure if that is the correct location.  We have a dbase of video clips. The video clips are viewable through a  content field. and each record displays information about the clip and  the clip itself.   When I turn on IWP everything on the dbase works  except the video clips are not visible.  Please help!  I am using FMP 11

• 1. Re: Linking video files on IWP
          philmodjunk

Quoting from the Instant Web Publishing Guide that comes with filemaker 11:

"Important

Images can either be stored inside the database itself or, for best performance, linked to a file using a relative path. If you’re hosting the database with FileMaker Pro, referenced image and movie files must be stored in the Web folder, in the FileMaker Pro folder."

Have you set things up this way?

• 2. Re: Linking video files on IWP
            earthimag

Yes, I have them saved as arelative path in a content field.  All the videos are located in the Web Folder.  BUT this statement does say "images" and not "video".  Might it be a different story with video?  Thanks

• 3. Re: Linking video files on IWP
              philmodjunk

It shouldn't be.

Note that it says: "...referenced image and movie files must be stored in the Web folder...."

This the limit of the help I can give you as I haven't tried using IWP with movie files in container fields. Perhaps someone else can suggest something?