2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2011 6:49 PM by rmanbike

Lion and Filemaker and what is Apple thinking!

rmanbike

Title

Lion and Filemaker and what is Apple thinking!

Where is the upgrade from FM Server AD 10 to 11?????? I also have FM AD 9 on other machines. Why in the world would I upgrade to Lion when their is no upgrade path for Filemaker? 

Do these people (developers) at Apple actually communicate at all?! I hope I am missing something here because if not this is some really BS from Apple............

• 1. Re: Lion and Filemaker and what is Apple thinking!
          RickWhitelaw

What is your question exactly?  I'm not being sarcastic. It seems you're suggesting that Apple upgrade it's OS to suit other software, either owned by apple or not. I haven't upgraded my main machine to Lion, but it's largely due to the non-efforts of companies like Intuit. I certainly don't blame apple for discontinuing Rosetta. I have a media server that does run Lion and I'm very happy with Lion for the tasks required of this machine. 

Best,

RW

• 2. Re: Lion and Filemaker and what is Apple thinking!
            rmanbike

RW, thanks. But sorry I have to ask what does Rosetta have to do with FM Server 10? Actually they should when they offer a OS upgrade, then they should provide compatablilty updates for recently released software that Apple is owners and supporters of. FM 10 was released in 2009 a short amount of time ago considering new upgrade releases for FM is around 18 months or so. You should not have to pay full purchase price for new Apple software each time Apple upgrades their OS. Thats what I mean by a upgrade path, provide some form of discount, as upgrade from SN leopard to Lion is 29.00.