6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2009 10:54 AM by philmodjunk

list of Get()?

anode505

Title

list of Get()?

Is there a list, explination and examples of the Get() functions?

• 1. Re: list of Get()?
          RickWhitelaw
             In the help menu (search) type in "functions" and click on "functions reference" in the results. 
          • 2. Re: list of Get()?
            philmodjunk
               Even simpler, bring up the help system and type in "Get Functions" to get a complete list.
            • 3. Re: list of Get()?
              mrvodka

Andy is also giving out his Everything Reference 3 as a digitial version for free this year.It has all the functions and more.

http://reference.fmpug.com/

• 4. Re: list of Get()?
                RickWhitelaw

PhilModJunk,

"Even simpler, bring up the help system and type in "Get Functions" to get a complete list."

What you write SHOULD be true. This goes to how lame searching "help" can be. Entering "functions reference" brings up zip. Entering "Get functions" brings up a very small and incomplete list of Get functions. Entering "functions" brings up a list that includes "Functions reference". Clicking on this brings you to the complete functions category list (by category, alphabetically, and then the list by type . . . Aggregate, Date etc). Go figure! I routinely have to "trick" the help system to find what I need . . . perhaps I mean I routinely have to bend over backwards to figure out what terms are searchable. Surely if typing in "functions" brings up "functions reference" as a choice, then typing in "functions reference" should work, even skip a step, but no. FMI has reason, as a provider of good relational database software, to be embarrassed by their help file.

RW

FMPA 10 v.3 Mac OS X 10.6.1 

• 5. Re: list of Get()?
                  mrvodka
                     Not just their help... You can extend that gripe to pretty much all of their documentation.
                  • 6. Re: list of Get()?
                    philmodjunk

RickWhitelaw wrote:

What you write SHOULD be true.

FMPA 10 v.3 Mac OS X 10.6.1 

And it is.

I'm using FMPA 10 v3 Windows XP, sp3.

I enter "Get Functions" and press List Topics. "Get Functions" is the first item in the list. I click Display and I get a comprehensive list of all get functions from Get(Accountname) to Get (windowZoomLevel). Each function name can be clicked to bring up documentation on that function. If I had access to a Mac system, I'd try it there for comparison, but I don't have such a system available.