List relationship not updating portal

Question asked by FileMakerNovice on Jun 17, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 17, 2014 by FileMakerNovice

Title

List relationship not updating portal

Hello,

I have a two portals that do not update.  Let me explain my tables:

Employees:  A table of employees
     PossibleResponsibilities:  A table of possible responsibilities that each employee has.
     AssignedResponsibilities:  A table of assigned responsibilities each employee has.

Relational view:

Employees                          AssignedResponsibilities       PossibleResponsibilies
     EmployeeID------------------f_EmployeeID
                                                   f_responsibilitieID-------------------------ID

So... I have a list calculation field in employees called listPossible.  This is defined as list(PossibleResponsibilities::ID; P &". ").  I then have another relationship of Employees to PossibleResponsibilities with this list field not equal to PossRes::ID.  What this gives me is the feature of having a portal that I display the list of all possible responsibilities that are not currently taken by that employee.  I then have a "+" in that portal that copies each ID field and creates new record in the AssignedResponsibilities.  There is then another portal that shows that table with a "-" to delete the record.

My problem is with the refreshing of these portals.  When adding and removing, the scripting does as it is supposed to BUT the PossibleResponsibilities table does not refresh.  I have attempted to add a "Refresh Window" and "RefreshObject" script.  I also confirmed that the calculation is not stored.  I can navigate to other layouts and come back to this one and it is still not updated.  The only way it updates is when I quit and relaunch.

Is there any trick to refreshing a portal that has a calculated list relationship?

Outcomes