3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2014 2:02 PM by philmodjunk

List View Does Not Show Previous Balance after "Range Date" Search

JavedulHaq

Title

List View Does Not Show Previous Balance after "Range Date" Search

Hi,

I am facing a problem. For example i want to print debit credit and balance record of a customer. I want to print specified days record. When I perform find, it shows me correct date but it shows me running balance of the  "Range date". It does not show me previous balance on top. How can I fix it?

• 1. Re: List View Does Not Show Previous Balance after "Range Date" Search
          philmodjunk

If you can set up a relationship that matches to the records for this customer that precede the first entry in your found set, the same script that does your Date Range search can use a calculation can compute the "balance forward" put it in a global field or variable and show this amount in the header.

If you use a running total summary field to show the account balance for each entry, you can replace it on your layout with a calculation field that adds the running balance to the balance forward amount.

• 2. Re: List View Does Not Show Previous Balance after "Range Date" Search
            JavedulHaq

Ok Thanks, I think 2nd one is better. Please provide cal. field details.

• 3. Re: List View Does Not Show Previous Balance after "Range Date" Search
              philmodjunk

There is no "second one". I have only described a single solution here. The calculation uses the value computed and placed in the global field or variable to compute the needed value.

The actual calculation is quite simple:

RunningBalSummaryField + GlobalBalanceForwardField

if you use  a field. Or it becomes:

RunningBalSummaryField + $$GlobalBalanceForwardVariable

The main details are in the process that you use to get the needed value into that global field or variable. I can't really spell out all the details for that without a more detailed understanding of how you have set up the fields in your table and whether a single table is storing transactions for more than one account and/or for more than one customer.