3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2010 2:33 PM by Wimmachine

List View in Instant Web Publishing

FernandoG

Title

List View in Instant Web Publishing

I have a simple contacts database with a list view layout which I publish via IWP. 
      Whenever I go to the list view in my browser it shows only 5 records at a time. Is there any way 
      to increase the number of record shown in list view when viewing via IWP?

• 1. Re: List View in Instant Web Publishing
          TSGal

FernandoG:

Thank you for your post.

The number of records shown in List View depends on the size of the Body part.  In one of my layouts, I have a Body height of 3 inches, so only 3 records appear on a page in Instant Web Publishing, while on another layout, the Body height is 0.5 inches, and it shows all 8 records (and would show more if I had more records) in Instant Web Publishing.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: List View in Instant Web Publishing
            dhafitch

Hi,

I have a similar problem as FernandoG, and I'm not sure I understand whether or not there is a suggested workaround.  In regular local use of a FM database, List View allows scrolling to access all records in the list (e.g. 500 records in my case).  But via IWP, only a few of the records can be accessed at any one time, and "scrolling" has to be done using the clunky toolbar controls.  Is this it?  Or is there a way to allow all List View records to be accessed by scrolling in a single web browser window?

Thanks,
            dave

• 3. Re: List View in Instant Web Publishing
              Wimmachine

As far as I know List View will only display 25 records at a time via IWP, and there is no way around this :(

"Web users can view only 25 records at a time in List View and only 50 records at a time in Table View. They must use the navigation controls in the status area to see additional records. FileMaker Pro users can see all records at one time in List View and Table View."

from:  http://www.filemaker.com/support/product/docs/fms/fm11_instant_web_publish_en.pdf