AnsweredAssumed Answered

List view jumps to top of page after viewing record

Question asked by jeffkoay on Jun 28, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

List view jumps to top of page after viewing record

I have an interesting (and annoying) problem I'm trying to fix.

We are building a database with potentially thousands of records, each with a unique ID number as a part of the record name field. During the creation process of a record, things go as normal, and when I finish the record entry and go back to the list view (sorted by Name field), the list view auto jumps so that the record I just created sits at or near the bottom of the screen. This is wonderful, because I can see what ID numbers I've just entered, the records surrounding it, and what I need to enter next.

However, when I'm just browsing the records trying to find something, if I click on a record, then go back to the list view, it ALWAYS jumps up to the top of the page, basically at record #0001.

This is quite annoying, especially if I don't pay attention to what record ID number I was browsing. For example, if I were looking ID number 0735, go back to the list view and it dumps me at the top record 0001, it takes a long time to scroll down and find the record again.

My question: Is there a way to have filemaker remember where on a list view I've scrolled to, so that when I click on a record and then go back to the list view, it remembers where I was?

Outcomes