1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2009 12:44 PM by TSGal

Listing Entries from Multiple Tables in one Cohesive Report

carlz_1

Title

Listing Entries from Multiple Tables in one Cohesive Report

My application involves government forms.  I am using v. 10.  the form requires a listing of stocks, bonds, funds, etc on pn page where I have a portal for data entry and the information is listed in the Investments Table.  Then, there is a second page for entry of bank accounts.  Thus, I have a table for Investments and another one for bankaccounts.  Both are related to the applicant table.

Both Bank Accounts and investments have a type code, 1 for checking, 2 for savings, 3 for stock, 4 for mutual funds, etc.  Both the Investments and Bank Accounts tables use these codes.

I am still a Newbie.  I am trying to figure out how I can produce a list of all bank accounts and investments (and a life insurance and a few other items all kept in their own tables) on a vertical list. It would look like this:

John Smith - Applicant

1        Checking       ABC Bank              $2,000.10

2         Savings        ABC Bank              $3,440.50

2        Cert. Deposit  XYX Bank              $25,000.00

4        Mutual Funds  Merrill Lynch          $55,000.00

7        Annuity         AIG                       $40,000.00

9        Property        Big Lake                $30,000.00

The first 3 entries would be from the Bank Accounts Table, the next 2 from teh Investments Table.  I would like to add Life Insurance, etc that are kept in separate tables.

for any direction you may have.         

• 1. Re: Listing Entries from Multiple Tables in one Cohesive Report
          TSGal

carlz:

Thank you for your post.

You will need to link the Applicant information to the Bank Accounts and Investments information.  Once linked, on your Applicant information layout, you can place a portal into the Bank Accounts and Investments table and display the information.

You can create a list/report (Layout Mode -> Layouts menu) that is based upon the Bank Accounts and Investments table that is summarized by the Applicant, and the body contains tthe type code, bank, amount, etc.

Is there a reason why you have the Bank Accounts table and Investments table separate?  If they need to be separate, then you can create an additional table that has a link into Applicant, Bank Accounts and Investments tables.

If you have difficulty setting this up, let me know where you are having difficulty and I'll try to help. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.