3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 2:28 PM by TerryCoolidge

listing found contents of join table in an email

TerryCoolidge

Title

listing found contents of join table in an email

I have successfully created a many-to-many relationship in a Filemaker Pro database I use to manage the membership of my church.  Many members, and many committees.  Through this established relationship, I can display on a member's record a listing (via a portal) of all of the committees that a particular member belongs to.  Likewise, I can display a record for a committee and see a listing (via a portal) of all of the members who participate on that committee.

We're about to kick off a new committee year, and I want to be able to send an email to every member and include an individualized list of all of the committees that they belong to.  However, I'm not sure how to accomplish this without a portal (which obviously I don't have access to when sending an email).  I'm guessing that I need to somehow store a text list of a member's list of committees in a field and then include that field when sending out the email, but I'm not experienced enough to know the proper approach.  Perhaps it's much easier than I realize, but I would appreciate some guidance about how to go about doing this.  If there are specific terms that I should be searching for here in the forum, I'm happy to investigate further on my own.  However, I would be most appreciative if someone could outline the best way to set this up to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Thank you in advance!