2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2013 8:27 PM by melissajaffray

Listing many items once in portal

melissajaffray

Title

Listing many items once in portal

Hi,

I have a portal that shows every item a customer has purchased since their first order but many of them are duplicates. I was wondering how I would go about structuring this so it only lists each item once. 

My goal is to have the customers be able to just check off their frequently used items and loop through them to make a new order. Any advise is extremely appreciated and let me know if you need any clarification or info on how the portal is constructed. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Listing many items once in portal
          philmodjunk

Let's say that your tables follow the standard data model for invoicing:

Customers----<Invoices-----<LineItems>------Products

If you place a portal to LineItems on your customers layout, you'll get every item ordered every time it was ordered by a customer--this matches what you report getting here.

But if you put a portal to Products on your customers layout, you'll get every Products ordered without any duplicates. And you can set up that portal such that clicking a row in the portal selects that item for adding to your current order.

• 2. Re: Listing many items once in portal
            melissajaffray

Brilliant, thank you! I knew it was something simple I was missing.