7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2010 1:32 PM by user14360

Listing values from a field, but not duplicates

user14360

Title

Listing values from a field, but not duplicates

Hi,

Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced, Mac OS X.

I want to use a tooltip to hover over a week of the quarter, and for it to show a list of the dates in that week and the total sales made on those days.  These sales are made up from a Daily Sales table, which consists of numerous records per day, each for a different product. So the 20th of January might have 6 records, but I only want to see it once in my tooltip list, and just with the total amount sold on that day.

I am able to view these summary amounts and dates correctly in a subsummary report, but can't work out how to do it via a tooltip.  In my tooltip, using "List (Daily Sales::Date)" returns multiple records for the same dates, as it should.

Is there a way to have a summary like function in a tooltip, both for the dates and the total sales amount?  (Basically getting rid of the duplicate values for both the date and the summary field?  I have a field which, as a result of a self-join relationship, accurately holds the summary total for that day, away from the subsummary report, but again, I see it 6 times if there are 6 sales records entered for that day.)

Thanks,

Hildy.