AnsweredAssumed Answered

Little bit of "Edit Relationship" confusion

Question asked by Dekade on Dec 27, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 27, 2012 by Dekade

Title

Little bit of "Edit Relationship" confusion

Layout 1: is my COMPOs Main which is the layout that I originally started to use to have each record represent a different document Composition (thus COMPOs).

Layout 2: This is a layout that I created so that I could have a portal on it where I could check mark (X) one portal rows where each portal row represented a TOPIC that I wanted to be assigned to the COMPO ( composition ). Then I discovered that I wanted to see both the Composition and the check-box portal on the same layout. I soon discovered that this required another table occurrence of which I successfully created. I titled the Table Occurrence as "Checkboxes with COMPOs"

Here is my problem. This entire database and it's relationships were not all my work. Now I am modifying things to fit the aesthetic feel that I desire. That being said there are MANY relationships and Table Occurrences associated with this whole project. I am concerned with the selection of check-boxes within the Edit Relationship window.

I want to make certain that my creation and/or deletion of records does not affect other Relationships that would also have the same creation and/or deletion of records function enabled.

Could someone help me out here? I think it might be kinda a can of worms but I had to start somewhere to learn how to handle this.

If you need attachments to help me through this please tell me what is going to assist your determinations on how I should handle the relationship.

Thanks,

Dekade

(FM Pro Advanced 10.0)

Outcomes