1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2009 1:34 AM by raybaudi

Loading a file without causing initial layout to load

ralvy

Title

Loading a file without causing initial layout to load

My understanding is that if I have a problem with a particular layout that's set to load when the file loads (or a script that's set to go off when the file loads), all I have to do is hold the Shift key down while I chose File Open. Correct me if I'm wrong about this.

What I see when I do this is a prompt that shows my name, and asks for a password. But I never set a password for this or any Filemaker database. At least not so far, anyway. If I just hit Enter, it tells me the password is wrong. Is there a default password I should be aware of?

• 1. Re: Loading a file without causing initial layout to load
          raybaudi

Hi ralvy

ralvy wrote:

My understanding is that if I have a problem with a particular layout that's set to load when the file loads (or a script that's set to go off when the file loads), all I have to do is hold the Shift key down while I chose File Open. Correct me if I'm wrong about this.

No. To unfire an opener script you can try to hold the ESC key.

ralvy wrote:

What I see when I do this is a prompt that shows my name, and asks for a password. But I never set a password for this or any Filemaker database. At least not so far, anyway. If I just hit Enter, it tells me the password is wrong. Is there a default password I should be aware of?

The SHIFT key let you change the logger, showing as default Account Name the User Name.
          So, if you never set a password, Account = User Name and pwd = blank is a wrong password.
          The default password to log is: Account = Admin and pwd = blank.