2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2015 9:47 AM by KerryMiller

Location of selected Record on screen while in list view

KerryMiller

Title

Location of selected Record on screen while in list view

Is there a way to dictate where a selected record appears on screen in List View?

For our current system, in our primary List View I have a "Reset View" Button that selects a specific record, resets the sort order, and clears all "Find" filters. While that functionality is working as intended, where it moves the view of the list is not as I would like. Currently it scrolls the view such that the selected Record is the last Record shown on screen. I would like it to be the first Record shown (the first Record shown under the Header).

The selected record is decided by a "Go to Record/Request/Page" command and defined by "Calculation" with the calculation being simply the Record Number (I would like this selection to be more automated... but that's a separate thread).

• 1. Re: Location of selected Record on screen while in list view
          philmodjunk

Try scrolling the window home or use go to record and specify the first record first, then use go to record to scroll to the record you want as the top record. As long as it is not record 2 - the last record to show when window is scrolled "home", this should make it the top record in the window.

• 2. Re: Location of selected Record on screen while in list view
            KerryMiller

I got it to work, but I had to make a couple changes to your suggestion.

Having it go to the First Record before the desired Record caused the view to work as it current was, with the selected record being the last shown in the view. I then found that going to the Last Record seemed to give me the resulting view I was looking for, but not consistently. I found that adding a short Pause/Resume (.001 seconds) in between the two Go To scripts gave me the results I am looking for.

Not the most elegant solution, but it works.