3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 11:03 AM by philmodjunk

Lock down fields

bruns

Title

Lock down fields

I have several portals and they have conditional value list.

I have field called fk_id_vessel and it is on the vessel assignment portal and when I select fk_id_vessel it show vessel names(all it working correctly) and it displays vessel name in vessel name field.  However , if I go into the vessel name field I can change the name and it changes that record on the vessel table.  How is the best way to prevent this, I tried prohibit modification on the fk_id vessel but that will not let me add any new records to the portal and I tried prohibit on vessel name but that will not allow me to add new vessel names on vessel table.  Any help is appreciated. 

• 1. Re: Lock down fields
          philmodjunk

Enter Layout mode. Select the field on your layout. Then clear the "browse" check box in the behavior section of the Inspector's data tab. Now, just on this layout, users will not be able to enter the field while in Browse mode and thus won't be able to modify the Vessel Name.

• 2. Re: Lock down fields
            bruns

That is what I did, but was not sure if that was the best way. Thanks for replying.

• 3. Re: Lock down fields
              philmodjunk

What I see in your first post:

I tried prohibit modification on the fk_id vessel but that will not let me add any new records to the portal and I tried prohibit on vessel name but that will not allow me to add new vessel names on vessel table.  Any help is appreciated.

Is not what I am describing.