1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 6, 2012 8:33 AM by philmodjunk

Lock Records Simple

DannyAccola

Title

Lock Records Simple

Now i have putted in all orders and sent out order confirmations, in 10 days we will lock all orders and go into production. Therefore i would like to «LOCK» every individual record to prevent any unwanted changes - preferably with a checkbox on each order (recordnumber). I was experimenting with Access Priviledges and a variation of users ... but somehow i got it wrong.

I have a ::Order  and ::LineItems ... both are comined with a portal to record the orders .. and all i want is lock the order. The entire rest can be accessed and changed as much as needed ... 

Thank you ... 

• 1. Re: Lock Records Simple
          philmodjunk

A check box formatted field could be used to lock each record, but it would not have anything to do with the record number.

Say you define a field named "Lock" in the Order table and format it with a check box such that clicking the check box enters a 1 in the field when it is to be "locked".

Then you can use:

Not Lock

as the expression to use in Manage security to control edit privileges on the order table and

Not Order::Lock

as the expression to use to control edit privileges on LineItems.

Also add this expression as a validation rule in LineItems:

Not Order::Lock

on at least one required field to prevent users from adding new related records to LineItems.