5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 1:49 PM by patrick.dinsmore

Lock Window Size

patrick.dinsmore

Title

Lock Window Size

Apologies if this has come up in a previous thread, i did try a search but could not find an answer specific to my requirements.

I have a database that i am trying to lock the window size. in other words to not allow the user to click and drag the window any larger than the original layout size.

using fm13

• 1. Re: Lock Window Size
          raybaudi

Remember that a new window can be customised by specifying an Advanced Style ( Document, Floating, Modal Dialog ) and Control ( Close, Minimize, Maximize, Zoom, Resize ).

So the solution is:
          1) store the window name into a variable
          2) set the current window name to something like: "Old"
          3) create the new customised window and give it  the name stored into the variable
          4) close the window named "Old"

• 2. Re: Lock Window Size
            patrick.dinsmore

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure that i fully understand, or maybe i could have been clearer in the original post.

i am not trying to resize a window when opened if say a previous window had been resized

instead i am trying to prevent a user from ever being able to resize a window in the first place.

• 3. Re: Lock Window Size
              philmodjunk

Raybaudi said nothing about resizing a window. If you open the window in question using the new window or go to related record script steps, you can also specify the features Raybaudi has described and the window will have a fixed size that cannot be changed.

And a "OnFirstWindowOpen" performed script could set up the first window a user sees with such properties if such is desired.

• 4. Re: Lock Window Size
                raybaudi

"...instead i am trying to prevent a user from ever being able to resize a window in the first place"

Understood, and a new customized window can do it.

You'll need to create a script that will be fired OnFirstWindowOpen or OnLayoutEnter.

• 5. Re: Lock Window Size
                  patrick.dinsmore

sorry for the confusion. this worked exactly as i required it to. thanks again for the help and extremely quick responses.