2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2010 8:38 PM by MichaelFlood

Locked out of FileMaker 11 file

MichaelFlood

Title

Locked out of FileMaker 11 file

I cleared the "Admin" account name (left it blank) but entered a password for a filemaker file.  I did this in the File Options dialog box.  Now I can't get in.  If I leave the account name blank and enter the password, I get "the account and password you entered cannot be used to access this file" error message.  I get the same error if I use "Admin" as the account name. I know that I'm using the correct password.

This issue is very easy to re-create.

Does anyone know how I can get back into my database?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Locked out of FileMaker 11 file
          philmodjunk

Are you sure you did this in file options?

File options can't be used to define a password or account. It only sets account names and passwords to be entered automatically when the file opens so the user is no longer required to enter them.

You can force filemaker to ignore these settings by holding down the Shift key (windows) or Option key ( mac ) while the file opens. Then enter a valid account name and password and you should be able to open the file.

• 2. Re: Locked out of FileMaker 11 file
            MichaelFlood

I'm back in...thanks PhilModJunk. When I opened the file while holding down the shift key, I was able to get in by entering Admin along with no password.