2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 9:49 AM by jeffd

Locking a Record with a Field Exception

jeffd

Title

Locking a Record with a Field Exception

I am using FM Pro 11 V3

For a given Privilege Set I will lock a record down from being edited by changing to status of the record to "Invoiced". I would like to know if there is a way to make an exception to a given field in a record that's been locked as an exception. i.e. I want a field that I would designate as not being locked but still modifiable. This type of field is actually a container in which most of what is being stored there are pdf pastings.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Locking a Record with a Field Exception
          philmodjunk

The lock will apply to every field in the table. There are two options: Put the field in a different, related table so that the locking does not apply to it or use a script with the "run with full access privileges" option selected to modify the field. Such a script could open a custom dialog with an input field showing the current field's value for editing where OK saves the changes back to the file, you can use the new window script step to open a new window with a global field on the layout to use for editing the value and then the script copies the value from the global field to the original field to save the changes.

• 2. Re: Locking a Record with a Field Exception
            jeffd

The second option works best for me.

Thanks Phil