9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2012 9:33 AM by philmodjunk

Locking on record When 2 users are working on the same table but not the same record !

Fagreement

Title

Locking on record When 2 users are working on the same table but not the same record !

I have a serious issue of records locking in my program and it is really urgent and scarring me cause it is on Production: Locking on record When 2 users are working on the same table but not the same record.

I have FM installed on each machine with SQL server as database, connected via ODBC, everything work fine.

Here is the scenario (please see attach file):

•           USER1 open the main page where we can see 2 portals: Archive type portal, and List of the collection portal. When we click on the 1st portal then the 2nd will be refreshed accordingly.
      •      
      •           User2 open also the main page.
      •      
      •           USER1 edit the record no 1 in the list, another layout is opened, he performed change (with or without save you will see that the issue is the same)
      •      
      •           Then User2 wants know to edit another record, the 2nd record! So when he try to edit it -> boom: “this record was modified by another user since your started editing…”

(I can provide you the FM file In worst case)

thanks !