3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2014 9:58 AM by philmodjunk

logging out and back in

user19036

Title

logging out and back in

How do I log out of the file I'm looking at, and log back in on another user?

Thanks,

D

• 1. Re: logging out and back in
          philmodjunk

Create a script using the Re-Login Script step.

You'll want to use Get (LastError) in an If step immediately after the Re-Login script to detect success and also to detect when "cancel" is clicked.

Caulkins Consulting, Home of Adventures In FileMaking

• 2. Re: logging out and back in
            user19036

Thanks! That's very helpful. I made the script, so that I can now log in with full privileges from an account with less privileges.

I still have a problem. In my current file, operating as admin with full privileges, I made a mistake and deleted a field from a layout. I need to know what that field was so I can put it back. I opened a backup file, but for some reason I am logged into it as another user without full privileges. As such, not only can I not see what the field is (I go to layout mode and right click in the field and DENIED) I cannot create a script that allows me to log into the file with full privileges.

Ideas for me, please?

Thanks!

D

• 3. Re: logging out and back in
              philmodjunk

Hold down the option key (mac) or shift key ( windows) while opening the file. That should pop up the dialog box where you can enter a full access password to open the file even if File Options has been set up to open the file with a password that is not full access.